I got a lot of work done on the headpiece today. I knew I needed a base to attach the various pieces to so I grabbed on of my pill box hats that I don't like and took off the embellishment. I attached some foam.
I then used some of my craft wire to build a structure for the pig tails. I decided to cover it in cheese cloth and then used modge podge to give it a mache type of effect to add strength and give me a base to add the hair later on. I then used a thinner craft wire to sew the pony tale/horn hair structures to the crown netting.
The next step is to add the hair and fabric. I'm happy with the base structure. I'm also happy that it basically took a day so if I find it's not strong enough or malleable enough, I have time to start again. I'm also pleased that I have spent $0 on this part of the project. That ain't shabby.
I also spent some time today working on her ribbon bustle. I'm not terribly happy with it yet but it is certainly at the good enough stage in case I run out of time.