We realized fairly late we were running out of time very quickly. The last week and some before the Con was a mad dash to get props and costumes done. The collar is EVA foam and card stock.
We attached it to the cloth harness with velcro.
This did not last the day at the Con. If I redo it, I will have to make a ridged harness.
The chest armor I cut out of a template first and then cut it out of EVA foam. The cones were made from craft foam.
I added the accents with craft foam, gap fill foam, pool noodles and craft gems. I get delight out of using what I have at hand to "make it work" as Tim Gunn would say.
This was then coated with Plasti-dip.
The final product was painted with acrylic gold paint and we again attached it with velcro. This had limited success during the rigors of con. While my brazier never fell off, it came close. I'll have to think of a better plan.
I bleed on this project to be sure but was once again pleased to play with found objects. Shower curtain rings, dollar store ball, jewelry bail, pool noodles and paper. My husband is a wiz with Pepekura. I once again started with a base coat of Plasti-dip and then used a combo of acrylic paint, washi tape and paint pen.
It looked great and held up fairly well at the con but I got my head piece caught in the chain at least three times and the plastic ball expanded and contracted in the heat which caused the paint to crack on the drive home.
We got a lot of attention at the con. We couldn't go more than a few steps without being stopped for pictures. It was a unique experience to be sure. In fact, Jason David Frank took our picture while we were getting our picture with him and posted it to his fan page. It was a humbling experience. My hubby's Lord Zedd had more problems at the con than we would have liked but we also had the least amount of time to figure things out. Early failures and new materials/skill set made for a challenging deadline. It still looked good in the pictures but if we do it again we're going to have to rethink quite a few things. Almost all of our props and costume pieces need to be repaired or reworked. My Gracie Law headdress didn't survive a second year either. I'm going to have to redo all the feathers because of the fall out from this year. We learned a lot this year and we stepped up our game. We'll keep getting better.