Tuesday, June 16, 2015

So I was reading

My husband and I have instituted a no TV day into our schedule.  It's really allowed me to get through a backlog of books that I've been meaning to read for a while.  I've been getting through them faster than I thought.  I haven't read paper books in a really long time because you can't do anything else at the same time.  I've been able to read through an entire book on the evenings without TV which has been pretty awesome.


I've also just gotten through my first full year of reading the Bible every day and started a new yearly plan to keep the habit going.  The plan was made by the New Living Translation which is a translation I don't usually read.  So I'm reading Proverbs 17:8 which reads: A bribe is like a lucky charm; whoever gives one will prosper!

Wha?  That doesn't seem right...  So I switched translations to NIV
A bribe is seen as a charm by the one who gives it;
      they think success will come at every turn.
That seems to be a completely different message in my mind.  It made me really ponder the importance of knowing the Word of God.

I also got a spectacular new bath thing.
This was the Mermaid Lagoon Bath bomb.  It was lovely!  It was shaped like a mermaid and when I put it in it turned the water the most beautiful shade and smelled amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment