Monday, October 13, 2014

I'm back

I got the chance to have a job again.  It's been quite a few years since I've worked for money and quite a few more since it was in an office.
Here is what I learned:


  1. Working in an office can be fun when you have fun and friendly people around
  2. You don't have to gain weight eating out every day if your boss is in agreement in choosing healthy foods and makes you walk a quarter of a mile an speed walker speed.
  3. No chair is comfortable for 12 hours.  I spent most of the time in a side chair.  The "guest" chair if you will.  I finally asked the office staff if I could have an office chair and they were shocked that I had been sitting on the other chair.  
  4. Working on a project is satisfying.
  5. I complain more than I thought I did.  It took an outside perspective reacting to me to realize it.  I've convinced myself I'm just sharing what's going on with me or expressing frustration  but really I'm just complaining.  I've been struggling with what the balance is since then.  I'll let you know when and if I figure it out.
Sadly I had to put off quite a few people during the last two weeks and I am very sorry.  It's been an intense couple of months for many reasons.  
The murder mystery is done and I think reactions were mixed.  It's always hard to tell if people are having a good time.  Several people said they liked it but there was more constructive criticism than anything else.  I probably won't attempt that style anymore.  I think a couple people thought my writing was good.  It was mostly the mystery and how I designed it that frustrated people.  I knew it would frustrate people who are finishers.  I tried to tell them it wasn't designed to be finished in one night but they wanted to anyway.  Several of them tried working together to finish it.  They were frustrated that they hadn't even gotten to the first stage.  I do have a new one to work on for new years.  It's a secret.  

I started the new med on Saturday.
So far I've had two larger headaches than normal.  My hubby started reading the second sheet of possible side effects and decided he didn't want me to take it.  I told him giving it a try wouldn't be that big of a deal.  He's not happy about it.  I think he's scared from last time.  

This week was going to be a reset week.  Clean my poor house...do chores in general.  Instead my chore day has been relegated to today and my hubby's sick.  I keep joking to people I'm going to run away to a cabin where no one can find me but I think I'm serious.  I now have plans all week.  Something every day.  My choice entirely...except for a few things.

Diet...okay.  So today I'm 206.  I was 204 yesterday....who can understand the workings of the body.  The 24 day challenge is over.  I'll have to give some thought as to whether it's something I could do long term.  The food choices, fine.  The supplements up to 6 times a day....I'm not so sure.  I'll think about that more later.  
Today, I've got chores to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment